Education New Zealand has two scholarships open to Unitec students. They are the Prime Minister’s Scholarship for Asia (PMSA) and Prime Minister’s Scholarships for Latin America (PMSLA). These scholarships are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand. They aim to:
- strengthen New Zealand institutions’ connections with their counterparts in key Latin America/Asia countries;
- promote understanding of the strength and quality of New Zealand’s education system and raise awareness in Latin America/Asia of New Zealand as a preferred education destination;
- improve the international skills of the New Zealand workforce;
- strengthen people to people connections between New Zealand and countries in Latin America/Asia through participants building lifelong friendships and networks;
- strengthen New Zealand’s ability to engage with key Latin American/Asia trading partners; and
- improve New Zealanders’ understanding of Latin American/Asia business practice and culture.
These scholarships are awarded to both individual or group programmes. Therefore, the faculty can apply on behalf of a group of students that meets either the PMSLA/PSMA goals. There are strict criteria to be eligible for each scholarship so please click on the relevant links above or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
Application Closing Dates: 30 March (PMSA) and 30 April (PMSLA)