Unitec Institute of Technolgy’s very own Uni Shorts International Student Film Festival is now accepting entries from students around the globe! Last year’s festival brought to us amazing student films such as Amazir Aknine’s Connected, Raymond McCarthy Bergeron’s re/belief, Ken Clark’s Terpsichore, Pico Nicolas’s The Rate’s Cut, Jannis Lenz’s Shadowboxer, Thomas Eggel’s Probation, and Alexey Beliakov’s Razor to name a few. The festival will be held on October 2017, final dates to be confirmed, and it can be you winning the top prizes!
Before you enter your film.
Before you send your film, make sure your work is eligible.
- All films entered must be entirely student-made from Nov 2015 – Jan 2017.
- All films entered must be no longer than 20 minutes running time.
- Film ratio must be 16×9, resolution: 1080 or 720HD.
- All non-English films must have English subtitles embedded.
- Submitting individuals/institutions must obtain necessary clearances for any copyrighted material or music used in their films.
- Entry categories: Fiction (Undergraduate), Fiction (Post-Graduate), Documentary, Experimental, Animation, Secondary Schools (NZ only)
How to enter your film.
If your film is eligible for submission, make a checklist of the following make sure you send all of the required items.
- Complete the online entry form here.
- Send your film via a secure downloadable Dropbox, Vimeo, or WeTransfer link to email@example.com.
- Alternatively, post your DVD screener to:
Uni Shorts, Unitec Performing & Screen Arts
Private Bag 92025, Victoria St West
Auckland 1142 New Zealand
Mark all packages ‘No Commercial Value’ and ensure postmarked date is on or before the entry date deadline.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a short synopsis/logline (50 words max), production credits, director’s bio (100 words max) and headshot photo (JPEG format approx. 1MB size), plus two (2) still images of the film. Email all files to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your film in the subject line.
How much to send in your film.
Early Bird Entry: NZD$20 (NZD$60 for three or more entries) received by 15 Feb 2017.
Standard Entry: NZD$30 (NZD$80 for three or more entries) received by 15 April 2017.
Late Entry: NZD$40 (NZD $100 for three or more entries) received by 15 May 2017.
Free entry for New Zealand Secondary Schools only.
For more information and enquiries, please contact:
Uni Shorts International Student Film Festival 2017
Entry 1, Building 6, 139 Carrington Rd, Unitec Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand